Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Oasis


my dreams fulfilled.... finally i enter IIT... with lotsa hopes and dreams... but the truth aint that way.... here goes.....

The forever night
Has finally ended
A long awaited dawn
Smiled at me
Horizons far away
The golden rays I see
Blessed am I!
A marvelous delight!
Yes how I waited!
Yes I can see it
The huge globe of red
Rising steady and high
Higher with the rise
The sun has risen
My dreams realized

The golden moment
It has come
Flung open my arms
To take it all in
The coldness melted
As the bliss of warmth
Chased away
Away all the chill

The warm rays
Touched my soul
Amazing emotion
Basking in the golden light…


Something’s changed
My eyes widened
Startling it was
Speechless and wondering
No longer warm
No longer a bliss
The cherished sun
Scorching me
Scorching me harsh

Lost and confused
I stand alone
The mairage is gone
The truth speaks desert
What is real?
What is the truth?

Dreams shattered
Hopes lost
But strong
Strong is my faith

Keep on going
Keep going on
Hear your whispers
Yes easier said
But I set out
In the endless desert
I set out
In search of the oasis

In my lonely search
Can feel your hands
In my own
Can feel your presence
All aound

Take me with you
Lead me on
Oasis is awaiting
Take me to it
Take me
To you
Just
Take me.

2 comments:

pratyu said...

I wonder why nobody has commented on this piece. Well built up emotion and very well brought down. Last stanza stands out. good. And i must mention - "Forever Night" - good!

Did sound cliche here and there

Twilight Fairy said...

@pratyu: thanks a lot. I like your comments. Always.